About Me

My photo
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Welcome to my blog, and thank you for stopping by. I hope you find it informative, and if there is anything I have missed or you would like me to talk about please drop me a line of suggestion. After seeing a nutritional therapist I decided from the improvement of my own health that I would like to be there in the same way for others, therefore, I studied two degrees; one in Nutritional Therapy and another in Bioscience Nutrition so that i could be equipped to support a number of health conditions. I now work for a supplement company on a clinical team supporting practitioners and keeping upto date with all new scientific information and provide private consultations too aswel as keeping my blog going :)

ttps://twitter.com/Samanthaeprior

Friday 7 March 2014

Stressful Week?

This is a typical Sunday evening for so many and it is a warning sign that your adrenals (energy glands) aren’t functioning how they should be.

Modern life is often the disruptor to our biological clock. At work many of us work under pressure and our body copes by releasing the stress hormone cortisol. When this gets out of balance you can have too little cortisol when you need a lift, and too much when you are trying to wind down and sleep.


Stock up on your B Vitamins to support the nervous system and energy.
Vitamins B3, B6, B12 and folic acid support the ability to make energy and help to reduce tiredness and fatigue. They also support the normal function of the nervous system.
• Hops exert a calming effect on the nervous system.
• Liquorice is a tonic for weakness, exhaustion and tiredness, and contributes to increased mental and physical energy.
• Lemon Balm helps maintain positive mood, relaxation and supports sleep.
• Camomile contributes to optimal relaxation, healthy sleep and supports relaxation and mental / physical well-being so ditch the caffeine and stock up on the teas.


Reduce stress with ‘mindfulness’ at work

When you are feeling stressed in your day job, nobody need know that you are taking time out to relax the mind and reground yourself. ‘Mindful meditation’ is something you can do at your desk. It is a great way to refocus your attention away from negative aspects of workday stresses and concerns and increase clarity and effectiveness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment