About Me

My photo
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Welcome to my blog, and thank you for stopping by. I hope you find it informative, and if there is anything I have missed or you would like me to talk about please drop me a line of suggestion. After seeing a nutritional therapist I decided from the improvement of my own health that I would like to be there in the same way for others, therefore, I studied two degrees; one in Nutritional Therapy and another in Bioscience Nutrition so that i could be equipped to support a number of health conditions. I now work for a supplement company on a clinical team supporting practitioners and keeping upto date with all new scientific information and provide private consultations too aswel as keeping my blog going :)

ttps://twitter.com/Samanthaeprior

Wednesday 4 December 2013

Tips to rid dark circles under the eyes



·         Lie down and relax a couple of times a week with cooled chamomile teabags  on your eyes for 10 mins to reduce puffiness

·         Eliminate common food sensitivities in the diet such as gluten. Give this two weeks before there is a noticeable difference

·         Remember you should only put on your skin what you would put in your mouth as it is absorbed into the body.  Therefore as much as haemorrhoid cream is promoted as the natural botox, I shouldn’t imagine you would fancy sitting down to a plate of it! Make up a natural eye cleanser to use daily of rose water containing liquid vitamin K and A

·         Keep well hydrated, at least 1.5 Litres of water per day and limit salt in the diet as sodium can cause water retention
·         Only apply creams around the eye socket , cream placed under the eyes can sometimes seep under the skin causing puffiness. 

·         Get your doctor to check your iron levels as this can be a symptom of a deficiency. However, don’t take iron supplementation without having this clarified as it can do more harm than good.


·         Ensure that you are getting 7-9 hours sleep per night, a well-rested person looks radiant


·         Alcohol, smoking and drugs can exhaust and dehydrate the skin and affect sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment